Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Atticus and Proverbs 18:10

I decided to take my four-legged friend, Atticus, running with me today. Poor guy could barely make it one mile... and poor me because he runs like a spazz! I am no graceful runner, but Atticus runs like he is being chased by bad guys on a secret mission... there was a lot of bobbing and weaving, as well as evasive maneuvers. We only ran one mile, but it felt like three. Plus side? He's exhausted and has been a very good puppy since we got home.

My verse for today was Proverbs 18:10: "The name of the LORD is a strong tower and the righteous run to it and are safe."

As I run I sometimes feel like I'm running towards a stronger relationship with God. I try to think about the verse and what it means, and more importantly, what it means to me. This verse was an important one today to help remind me of my goal. Today is only the 5th day in this journey, but it was the first day that I truly did not feel like running. I had to think about what this goal is all about, what all I hope to accomplish with it.

Keep running!


No comments:

Post a Comment