Monday, January 4, 2016

Hebrews 12:1

Well, the last two days I've been confined to the treadmill... I live in a place where running alone, especially at night, is not a good option. Today I finally put in two miles... building towards my goal of three miles per day.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to continue to provide a message to someone while only utilizing a treadmill. For now, I will just share a Bible verse with you on here and discuss it:

"...And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." -Hebrews 12:1




The last few weeks, building up to the new year, there has been much talk about resolutions and goals. As I shared my idea for this blog and my 1,000 miles, I have had many people tell me that they also have running goals for this year. Our good friend Robyn decided to join Jacob and me and will also be running 1,000 miles. Additionally, she is attempting to run one race per month... go Robyn!  A friend from work told me his goal is to simply "start running"... fair enough. Another longtime friend told me he hopes to partake in a few half marathons.

I'm  truly optimistic that we all persevere and accomplish the goals we have set for ourselves. I'm optimistic that we will all find health, stress relief, and time to reflect as we run. Additionally, I hope that we all realize that running and breaking through our barriers can be a wonderful metaphor for our lives and our faith.

There is no doubt that we will all come across hard times during our running: injuries, illness, the chaos of life, but we will also come across this in our faith. In both cases, I hope that we will all continue to run the race marked out for us.




Keep running!

3 comments:

  1. I do not run - my knees cannot do it - but enjoy walking. I might do this, but do walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not run - my knees cannot do it - but enjoy walking. I might do this, but do walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! I'd love to someday be running and find someone else's notecard!

      Delete